Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I have the perfect dessert to share with you! I have never been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day, but any excuse for dessert is okay with me!
If you are like me, you prefer to spend Valentine’s Day at home rather than brave the crowds and the ridiculous restaurant prices. I would so much rather have a nice night in and cook dinner and dessert myself than share my time with 100 other people in a cramped restaurant. I am a homebody, afterall.
I think these Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits make a perfect V-Day dessert for a few reasons. First, chocolate. Need I say more? Valentine’s Day and chocolate go hand and hand. It’s like turkey and Thanksgiving. You cannot have one without the other!
Secondly, I love that they can be individual portioned out. I chose to serve mine in stemless wine glasses for a romantic feel, but you could serve these in anything!
Lastly, something about cheesecake says Valentine’s Day to me. Cheesecake is always such a decadent dessert worthy of being served on a special occasion. Lucky for you, these cheesecakes require no baking. This recipe can also be made ahead of time and will be waiting for your in your refrigerator.
These parfaits start out with a crunchy crust of gluten free Oreo inspired cookies. Trader Joe’s sells a pretty tasty gluten free Oreo.
The next layer is made up of creamy chocolate and cream cheese mixed with fluffy whipped cream. This layer tastes like a hybrid of rich cheesecake and an airy chocolate mousse. The cheesecake is rich, so mixing the whipped cream in really helps to lighten it up.
The final layer of this decadent dessert is my personal favorite, homemade whipped cream. You can certainly used store bought if you are short on time, but I love making homemade whipped cream. I could eat bowls full of it; I am a whipped cream addict.
Top with some V-Day inspired sprinkles and a little shaved chocolate and you are done! This dessert is sure to impress your significant other, friends, or even just yourself. Whomever you choose to spend Valentine’s Day with will be thrilled to take part in eating these parfaits.
Tell me about your V-Day plans!
- 8 gluten free Oreo style cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Spoon cookie mixture evenly into 4 dishes and press to form a crust. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy and blended. Add melted chocolate and pure vanilla extract and beat until evenly blended. Set aside.
- Next, in a mixer with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Once whipped, add the 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix 1 cup of the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. Once well combined, layer or pipe on top of the cookie crust.
- Top with a large dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles
- For best results, refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving
P.S. don’t forget to stay in contact with me!
Adapted from: Jelly Toast
Always gluten free, but never boring