I have a feeling you guys are going to like this dessert I am about to share with you. Let me lay out the delicious facts…
- You only need 5 ingredients
- You serve them filled with a glorious scoop of ice cream
If I didn’t have you at chocolate, I certainly had you with the other two facts. These little flourless cakes are the perfect home to a scoop of ice cream and they are super simple to make with only 5 ingredients.
The texture of these cupcakes are fudgy like a brownie in the middle and crunchy on the outside. The whipped eggs whites in the recipe give them their fudgy texture.
These cupcakes are entirely flourless. Not only are they free from white flour (of course), but they also don’t contain any popular gluten free flour substituites.
Because of their lack of flour, these cupcakes will collapse. Don’t panic! They are supposed to! The collapsed structure of the cupcakes makes them perfect to serve with ice cream.
The flavor and texture of these cupcakes pair so perfectly with vanilla ice cream, it’s not even funny. If you make these, you MUST serve them filled with ice cream. You must!
I made these for Ben for Valentine’s Day and saying he loved them was an understatement. They were gone the next day. I helped, of course, but it was mostly him 🙂
- ¾ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees and line a muffin tin.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted. Let cool slightly, then add the egg yolks and vanilla.
- With an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until peaks are stiff and glossy.
- Whisk ¼ of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten; gently fold mixture into remaining egg whites.
- Divide the batter evenly among lined cups and bake until the centers are just set, about 25 minutes.
- Cupcakes are best eaten warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
P.S. don’t forget to stay in contact with me!
Always gluten free, but never boring